I’m always looking for new ways to use superfoods in my smoothies, and since matcha lattes are the new craze I thought I’d experiment on my own to come up with something delicious. The result is this amazing, nutrient-packed smoothie - perfect if you need to jump start your day or get through that midday slump.
Matcha Tea is rich in antioxidants including EGCg. In fact, according to the latest research, matcha is packed with exponentially more antioxidants than any other superfood. Matcha can taste a bit bitter if it isn’t sweetened, so I added banana and vanilla protein powder to make it a creamy, sweet treat -- with no processed sugar.
Feel free to add any extra superfoods to this smoothie if you are feeling adventurous!
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk (or any milk substitute)
- 1 cup ice (more if you like a thicker smoothie, less if you like thin)
- 1 tsp of unsweetened matcha powder
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 serving of vanilla protein or collagen powder (I used Tuvani Protein Powder)
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- ½ tsp of honey (optional)
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract or fresh vanilla bean, scraped from 1 inch of a pod (optional)
Add all your ingredients into your blender and blend.