This salad is a flavorful summer staple: it uses all my favorite summer vegetables and is super easy to make.
My family absolutely loves when I make this, because by changing it up in small ways, it brings different flavors each time! You can add or swap ingredients based on what looks best that way, and you can even serve this salad warm or cold, depending on what you like!
- Grilling the corn adds an awesome charred flavor.
- The zucchini can be roasted, grilled, or even raw!
- Use the herbs you and your family enjoy: my go-tos are fresh basil, parsley, or cilantro.
- You can use any fun, flavored vinegar you like: try a fig balsamic, a pomegranate champagne, or an aged sherry vinegar.
- Mix up the flavors even further with an infused olive oil.
- Add quinoa or couscous to round out the dish and make a more complete meal.
- 2 ears corn
- 1 large zucchini, cut into quarters
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar of your choice, lime juice, or lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Bring water to a boil in a large cooking pot. Once the water is boiling, add the corn and cook for 15 minutes, or until tender. If using a grill, brush the corn with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning the corn regularly to prevent burning, for about 12 minutes, or until tender. Let cool.
- If roasting the zucchini, cook for 10 to 15 minutes at 425℉. Place in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes and onion to the bowl with the zucchini.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels off of the cob. Add to the bowl.
- Dress with olive oil and vinegar and give it a good stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the feta and basil, and enjoy!