| Servings: 6-10 | Prep Time: 15 min | Total Time: 90 min
Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, this classic pumpkin bread is a delicious sweet and savory treat anytime of the day.
- 15 or 16 oz can pumpkin (2 cups)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger or all spice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour 2 9x5 or 8x4 loaf pans.
- Blend the pumpkin, sugar, oil, water and eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients (flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda).
- Mix until moistened.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 60 - 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pans.
- Cool completely before storing.