These bars are a fun snack that are super easy to make, don’t require an oven, and, best of all, are super nutritious! Just six simple ingredients make a natural, whole-food-based snack good for you and your whole family.
Oats: Oats are high in fiber and protein, and packed with minerals like manganese, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, iron, and zinc. Eating oats can help lower “bad” cholesterol, stabilize blood sugar, improve digestion, and increase energy.
Bananas: Rich in potassium, bananas keep your heart and bones healthy, and your muscles working. Bananas also contain tryptophan, which can help support mood, lower stress, and ensure a good night’s sleep.
Almond Butter: Almonds are an excellent source of healthy fats and Vitamin E, which contains antioxidants that help prevent cell damage. Eating almonds may also improve blood pressure and lower cancer risk.
Honey: Honey is packed with powerful antioxidants as well as phytonutrients that boost your immune system. It is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, particularly in helping soothe a sore throat and cough.
Raw Cacao Nibs: Cacao nibs are pieces of roasted cocoa beans, very low in sugar but high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats. The essential minerals in cacao nibs—like magnesium, copper, and zinc—are anti-inflammatory and help strengthen the immune system.
Goji Berries: While goji berries have gained popularity in the west, they have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. Goji berries are an excellent source of protein, fiber, copper, iron, selenium, and Vitamins C and A.
- 3 cups oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- Dash of cinnamon, optional
- Line an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine banana, almond butter, and honey in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oats, cacao nibs, goji berries, and cinnamon (if using), and mix gently until well combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, pressing down firmly with the bottom of a spatula.
- Place in the freezer and chill for at least five hours, or until firm.
- Cut into bars and enjoy. Store bars in the fridge or freezer.